Quality Volkel UNF Imperial Machine Taps
- ISO 529
- Tolerance 2B
- Non abrasive material up to 900N/mm2
- Unalloyed and low alloyed steel
- For both through and blind holes
- For thread cutting by hand and machine
- Sizes: 1 x 12TPI | 1/2 x 20TPI | 1/4 x 28TPI | 3/16 x 32TPI | 3/4 x 16TPI | 3/8 x 24TPI | 5/16 x 24 TPI | 5/8 x 18TPI | 7/16 x 20TPI | 7/8 x 14TPI | 9/16 x 18TPI
- Cut: Taper Cut | Second Cut | Plug Cut
What are machine taps?
Taps and dies are tools used to create screw threads, which is called threading. Many are cutting tools; others are forming tools. A tap is used to cut or form the female portion of the mating pair (e.g. a nut). A die is used to cut or form the male portion of the mating pair
We stock a full range of thread cutting & repair tools in metric coarse, metric fine, UNC, UNF, Whitworth (BSW) and BSP machine taps. If you cannot find a machine tap in the thread type or size you require, please call 01432 266 621 to speak to our sales team.