Silirub 2 is a high-quality neutral, elastic onecomponent joint sealant based on silicones.
Characteristics of Silirub 2
- Very easy application
- Permanent colour, UV-resistant
- Stays elastic after curing
- Available in a wide range of colours
- Very good adhesion on many materials
- Low modulus
- Excellent acoustic properties (noise reduction)
- Building- and construction joints
- Topsealing at glazing jobs
- Joints with high movement between different building materials
- Sealings between treated wood, metal, PVC profiles and glass
Directions for use
- Method: caulking gun
- Application temperature: +5°C to +35°C
- Clean: with white spirit immediately after use
- Finish with soapy water before skinning
- Repair with Silirub 2
- Do not use on natural stones like marble, granite,…(staining effect). Use Silirub MA for these applications.
- Not recommended for use on PC and PMMA as it can cause crazing (stress cracking). Use an alkoxy type instead on these materials.
Please see our full range of Adhesives and Sealants.