Quality Volkel Metric Coarse Machine Taps
- ISO 529
- Tolerance 2B
- Non abrasive material up to 900N/mm2
- Unalloyed and low alloyed steel
- For both through and blind holes
- For thread cutting by hand and machine
- Sizes: m4 x 0.70 | m5 x 0.80 | m6 x 1.00 | m8 x 1.25 | m10 x 1.50 | m12 x 1.75 | m14 x 2.00 | m16 x 2.00 | m18 x 2.50 | m20 x 2.50
- Cut: Taper Cut | Second Cut | Plug Cut
What are machine taps?
Taps and dies are tools used to create screw threads, which is called threading. Many are cutting tools; others are forming tools. A tap is used to cut or form the female portion of the mating pair (e.g. a nut). A die is used to cut or form the male portion of the mating pair
We stock a full range of thread cutting & repair tools in metric coarse, metric fine, UNC, UNF, Whitworth (BSW) and BSP machine taps. If you cannot find a machine tap in the thread type or size you require, please call 01432 266 621 to speak to our sales team.